Description of exercises for people with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine and indications for their implementation.
Exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is one of the important points of treatment. It contributes to the gradual restoration of blood circulation, the adoption by the vertebrae of a normal position and the strengthening of the spine.
Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is characterized by degradation (weakening) of intervertebral discs. Most often, the disease occurs in people aged 45-50 years. It arises from a sedentary lifestyle, or, conversely, due to excessive stress on the lower back.
The main symptoms of the disease – aching low back pain, which manifests itself during prolonged stay in an uncomfortable position or stress. This is due to pinched nerves due to the reduction of the gap between the vertebrae and protrusion of the intervertebral disk.
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the lower back requires an integrated approach. The effects of the disease (inflammation, pain) are removed by various procedures or medication. The main goal facing doctors is to eliminate the cause of the disease. It is necessary to restore normal blood microcirculation, stop the stagnation processes, remove edema and muscle spasms. Acupuncture, soft techniques of manual therapy and special exercises.
So, the positive effect gives physiotherapy with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine. In this case it is necessary to adhere to several rules:
- Exercise regularly. Do not neglect physical therapy without good reason.
- Load increase gradually. One of the goals of gymnastics is to strengthen the spine, so you need to do a little more exercise daily or give each of them a little more time.
- Do not overload. Gymnastics with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine should not be too tiring. Worth stopping exercises with the appearance of tension in the lower back.
5 simple exercises for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine
The presented complex is well suited for morning exercises:
- Abdominal muscle contraction. Perform until slight tiredness occurs.
- Kneel down, hands to rest on the floor. Perform head elevations with simultaneous deflection of the back and lowering of the head with simultaneous extension.
- Lie down, legs bent at the knees, hands put behind the head. Touch the floor with your feet: 10 times on your right and 10 times on the left. Blades pressed to the floor.
- Lie on the bed with a raised headboard. Tighten the upper torso, holding the back, and the lower relax.
- Lie on your back. Pull up the toes on yourself, staying in this position for 5 seconds.