Osteochondrosis is a frequent companion of the modern lifestyle. It can manifest itself in different parts of the spine and carry a serious threat to human health, not to mention a significant reduction in the quality of life. However, this disease is well treatable with the help of special exercises that reduce its manifestations and improve the overall health of the spine.
The use of exercise therapy in thoracic osteochondrosis
Most often, the lower back and neck are affected, and diseases of the thoracic spine are much less common. The therapy of osteochondrosis practically does not depend on its location and necessarily includes Exercise therapy, as a method of treatment and rehabilitation. The set of exercises for physical therapy exercises varies depending on the localization of the problem, it is assigned exclusively by the doctor and is determined individually for each specific case. A moderate physical load on the spine has a beneficial effect on his health:
- It improves blood circulation. One of the causes of this disease is poor circulation in the bone and muscle tissues of the spine. Performing the necessary exercises helps restore blood circulation and start the process of tissue regeneration.
- Reduces or completely eliminates muscle spasms. It is during the spasms that painful sensations appear that disappear with the correct effect of exercise therapy.
- Creates a strong muscular corset. To speed up the healing process and prevent recurrences, it is necessary to strengthen the back muscles, which then will provide strong support to the spine.
Exercise rules for osteochondrosis
Performing exercises for the spine, it is important to adhere to the recommendations that allow you to get the maximum health benefits:
- During the training of the spine, the golden mean is important: it needs to be loaded moderately, because recovery does not come faster if you make more approaches. Overloading the back, you can only exacerbate the situation, but in order to get relief and start the recovery process, you need to perform the prescribed set of exercises 3-4 times a day.
- To ensure the lasting effect of the exercises, it is important to perform the exercises regularly. Even if it is impossible to make the whole complex, you need to make at least a few approaches.
- If during exercise you feel pain, this should signal the end of the workout. Exercise therapy should not bring discomfort and discomfort, so you need to re-seek medical attention.
- Movement during class should be slow and calm. Increasing the pace of exercise, you increase the risk of injury.
- In the course of the session, convulsions may appear – do not be afraid of this moment, continue to train and everything will pass.
Follow these recommendations, and after a short time you will experience a significant improvement in the health of your spine.
Simple set of exercises for the thoracic spine
This complex includes exercises that, despite their simplicity, are quite effective. They are universal and are ideal during exacerbation of thoracic osteochondrosis, as well as at the stage of sustained remission.
Exercise therapy for osteochondrosis:
- Stand up straight, maximally relaxing your muscles. Inhaling, push your shoulders forward, as if trying to reduce them, as you exhale, pull them back by folding your shoulder blades.
- Standing straight, make circular sweeps with your hands in one direction and then in the other.
- it exercise in essence resembles the pumping of the abdominal muscles, it is performed lying on the floor with feet pressed to it. Put your hands behind your head and, rounding your back, lift your shoulders, stretch your elbow to the opposite knee.
- Lie on the floor and put a cushion under your back, placing it under the shoulder blades. Massage your back with it, moving up and down.
- Stand level, stretch your arms along your body, relax and bend in all directions. This exercise helps to relax the back muscles and relieve cramps.
- Lie on your stomach, and clasp your hands in the back. Bend your back, trying to raise your shoulders as high as possible. This exercise perfectly strengthens the muscles of the back and chest.
- Sit on a chair and firmly press against its back. Straighten your body, thrusting the chest forward and folding the shoulder blades.
- Perform the exercise “Mill”, gradually increasing the amplitude of movements.
- Sit on a chair and relax. Then sharply and high lift your shoulders and stand in this position for 5 seconds.
- Stand up and raise your arms up, locking them in the lock. Bend to the sides without separating the hands.
- Stand up straight and spread your arms around. Do springy movements, turning the hands alternately forward and backward.
- Do the “Scissors” exercise with your hands.
Effective exercises in chest osteochondrosis
The following complex of therapeutic exercises is suitable for maintaining healthy back, it is impossible to perform it in the acute stage:
- Lie on the floor, face down, with your arms and legs apart. On one account, raise your arms, legs and head above the floor, hold this position for a few seconds.
- Lying on your stomach, try the “Frog” exercise, trying to reach your neck or head with your feet in the trough.
- Lie on your side and make slow strokes with your foot, keeping it at its highest point for a few seconds.
- Sit on the stool, straighten your back and lower your arms. On one account, reduce and spread blades.
- Sitting on a stool, keep your back straight, hold your palms together at chest level and press one hand against the other to resist.
- Make circular movements with shoulders (sitting).
- Lie on your back, feet tightly pressed to the floor, arm up behind his head. Raise your shoulders slightly above the floor and hold this position for 5 seconds.
It is important to understand that exercise therapy alone is not enough to completely get rid of advanced forms of osteochondrosis. For this, complex treatment is necessary, which only a doctor can prescribe correctly. But for the prevention and relief of pain, it is enough just to perform these exercises every day. It is advisable to do it in the morning, giving them only 15 minutes.