In physical therapy uses a magnetic field, but only with a low frequency spectrum. It has the qualities to penetrate into the human body by 6 ÷ 8 centimeters and restore its own magnetic field of tissue cells, which weakens over time from diseases and harmful influences.
Numerous studies confirm that magnetotherapy improves the level of immunity and helps in the recovery of the body in many diseases. In some countries, this method remains unrecognized.
Description of the procedure
For the session, devices are used that induce a magnetic field of specified parameters. The procedure is very simple.
If it is carried out in a hospital or polyclinic, then the health worker will offer the patient a comfortable lie and position the working surfaces of the device, which are intended to contact the patient’s body on the projection of problem areas.
The office employee sets the parameters prescribed by the doctor (the time of the procedure and the strength of the effect).
The first session is limited to five minutes. In subsequent procedures, their duration is gradually increased, but no more than up to twenty minutes.
The magnetic field easily penetrates clothing, plaster. Some devices have the ability to combine magnetotherapy with electrophoresis.
If the patient receives sessions at home using a portable device, they are similar. Only appliances for home use are designed so that they can be successfully operated by laymen. They do not require much tuning.
The main recommendations for the session:
- If the patient feels unwell, then the procedure is canceled.
- For greater benefit, sessions are held at the same time.
- Shortly before the start of the session, the patient is advised to take a small amount of food.
- It is unacceptable to drink alcohol during the period of treatment.
The benefits of magnetotherapy for osteochondrosis
Dehydration and aging of the intervertebral discs leads to a deterioration in their cushioning properties, deformation and subsidence.
As a result, the vertebrae can deviate from the correct location and also succumb to some destruction and deformation.
A situation of crushing of the radicular nerves is created, which impairs the functioning of the organs for which they are responsible. Nerve fibers cause pain and become inflamed. The muscles around the problem take on the load in order to keep the spine in a vertical plane.
The muscles get tension and spasm. This impairs the blood supply to this area and aggravates degenerative processes.
Treatment procedures are carried out only as directed by a specialist. It is possible to use magnetotherapy at any stage: convalescence and during the acute period of the disease.
- Pain relief is provided by the ability of the magnetic field to have a calming effect on the nervous system. The body releases more endorphins, hormones that relieve pain. Peripheral receptors reduce the level of sensitivity, which also helps to eliminate pain.
- Spasm is removed – pain relief allows the muscles to relax.
- Edema of tissues decreases as a result of accelerating life processes. The blood becomes more fluid. The condition of aquatic environments is improving.
- The anti-inflammatory effect is created as a result of the listed actions. The immunity of cells improved in the magnetic field is connected to the normalization of the state. They increase their internal energy, as a result, the metabolism is normalized.
- Vasodilatory action – under the influence of the field, the vascular ducts expand as a result of anesthesia and relieve spasm.
- The ability to reduce the intake of non-steroidal drugs that act in a similar way, but have many contraindications and side effects.
- Microcirculation of blood in the area of the problem improves, as a result of which tissue nutrition improves. The process of destruction is suspended, and the body gradually switches to the healing of the affected tissue cells. The mechanism of regeneration of all types of tissues at the site of exposure is started.
- The cervical region, due to its peculiarities: mobile vertebrae, many nerve endings and blood vessels in the neck region, especially suffer from osteochondrosis. The magnetic field in the neck area effectively improves the condition, as described in the previous paragraphs. It normalizes sleep and counteracts ischemia that occurs in the spinal cord or brain due to compression as a result of degenerative processes of the vertebral artery.
- osteochondrosis of all parts of the spine,
- joint diseases,
- diseases associated with disorders of the peripheral and central nervous system,
- cardiovascular problems
- varicose veins,
- diseases of the digestive tract.
- acute cerebral circulation disorders,
- purulent processes in the body,
- individual intolerance,
- inflammation in the acute phase,
- blood diseases,
- oncological diseases,
- tendency to internal bleeding.
Apparatus and appliances for the home, and their operation
Treatment with a magnetic field should only be performed as directed by a specialist. It is possible to conduct sessions at home if you purchase a portable device. Which device to choose should also be consulted with your doctor.
The magnetic field generated by the instruments has low frequencies. It is these frequencies that induce the magnetic fields of cells in various tissues of the body.
According to the parameters (change in space and time), magnetic fields are distinguished:
These fields are used in modes:
- running impulse,
The devices have simple instructions for use. No special knowledge is needed to manage them.