Osteochondrosis lesions of the thoracic vertebrae most often occur due to physical inactivity, when the patient sits in front of the computer for hours on end, and even hunches over. A similar pathology already at school age watches over us at the desk. During this period, we carry heavy backpacks with textbooks, hunched over, sitting in class, etc.
Such a pathology of the thoracic vertebrae affects mainly young people 25-35 years of age, and specialists are not always able to diagnose it, since the pathology often takes the form of other disorders, disguising itself as angina pectoris or gastric ulcer.
The positive effect of physiotherapy exercises
Patients receive regular exercise therapy for the thoracic vertebrae:
- Increased joint mobility;
- Normal blood circulation returns;
- Pulmonary ventilation is normalized. Patients with osteochondrosis lesions of the thoracic vertebrae experience a severe pain attack at the time of deep breathing. A constant feeling of soreness reduces the intensity of inhalation, which ultimately causes pulmonary failure;
- The patient gets rid of muscle stiffness and spasm caused by muscle tone disorders;
- The load on the affected vertebrae decreases, the spinal muscles grow;
- The patient acquires a straight posture and stops further progression of the pathology;
- The vertebrae are stretched due to the increasing distance between them, which allows for improved nutrition of the discs;
- Muscle flexibility improves, which reduces the likelihood of pinching.
Exercise therapy is a serious and highly effective technique that requires compliance with certain conditions:
- Any training must be approved by a doctor, and it is best if the elements of exercise therapy are selected by the doctor himself, taking into account the clinical picture of the disease;
- The overwhelming majority of experts believe that exercise therapy classes are permissible only after the end of the acute stage of osteochondrosis, although many admit that some elements have a beneficial effect on the vertebrae and are indicated precisely during the period of exacerbation;
- The presence of pain is unacceptable, therefore, such exercises must be abandoned;
- The first workouts should involve small loads, they should be increased gradually, when the pain disappears and articular mobility increases;
- Before each workout, it is required to thoroughly warm up and stretch the muscles, then the effectiveness of exercise therapy will be much higher;
- Regularity is the main condition for exercise therapy, training should be daily and preferably at the same time.
Taking a shower will come in handy before a workout. Warm water helps to relax muscle tissue, which will significantly increase the effectiveness of training. In addition, relaxation virtually eliminates the occurrence of trauma and sprain, as well as pain.
It will not be superfluous to do light massaging actions. They will help warm up muscle tissue, stretch joints and disperse blood before the upcoming exercise therapy.
Exercise therapy for chest osteochondrosis in the acute stage
If the course of osteochondrosis is at an exacerbated stage, then the main goal of therapy is to relieve an attack of pain. This is achieved by taking medications and regular exercise of special exercise therapy, which involves a sparing effect on the vertebrae and articular tissues.
To relieve the vertebrae, it is recommended to perform exercises on the respiratory system. To do this, you need to lie down on some kind of inclined plane (head above the legs). You need to concentrate and breathe diaphragmatically , and the inclined position of the body contributes to the natural stretching of the spine.
As a result, nervous constriction disappears, muscle spasms and soreness are eliminated. When the patient gets rid of the pain syndrome, it is necessary to do relaxation and stretching of the pectoral muscles:
- Sitting comfortably on your back, you need to stretch, arms outstretched up. In this case, it is recommended to slightly take the shoulders back;
- Lie on your side with your legs bent. It is necessary to smoothly raise the leg located on top, hold it on the weight for about 7 seconds, and then gently lower it. Do this 5 times for both sides;
- It is convenient to sit on your stomach, while your arms must be extended to the sides. You need to raise your arms and head, and hold them in weight for 5 seconds, then lower them and completely relax. Repeat 6 times;
- Sitting on your stomach, you need to strain the back and shoulder muscles, trying to bring both shoulder blades together. Then relax the muscles and lie in this state for half a minute, then repeat;
- Sitting on your knees, spread your arms to the sides, taking them back, while the body must be tilted forward. On exhalation, take the original pose.
Such exercises should be carried out daily, each time increasing the number of movements performed. If training is carried out correctly, then you can significantly accelerate the onset of remission.
Exercise therapy for the thoracic spine during remission
When a certain stability in the state comes, and the exacerbation has passed, movements richer in dynamics are added to the daily exercise therapy sessions.
Patients are advised to take daily exercise therapy training as a norm in life, then the severity of symptoms will significantly decrease, and vertebral changes of a pathological nature stop.
After waking up, do self-massage for yourself, kneading the collar area, arms, shoulders and sternum. Taking your shoulders back, try to bring your shoulder blades together, throwing your head back. You can also do some circular shoulder action with a stick.
Then you can start the main procedure:
- Stand up straight and place your hands at shoulder level, which must be taken back, your back must be straight. The body must be turned to the sides. Then the hands are placed at the waist. The actions are similar;
- Having taken a pose on all fours, you need to lower your head and arch your back up, then exhale and return to your original position;
- Sitting on your back, stretch your arms up. Raise the left arm and right leg at the same time in an attempt to bring the palm to the leg. To linger in this position, then return to the original position;
- Place your clasped hands under your head, lying on the floor, bend your legs. Alternately stretch your right elbow to your left knee and vice versa. Actions are smooth and unhurried.
An important point in chest lesions is the normalization of respiratory activity. For this, it is useful to do breathing exercises, which can help increase the amount of air entering during inhalation.
Sign up for classes
Exercise therapy classes can be carried out at home on their own. In addition, such trainings are available in polyclinics in a physical room . You can go to a private health center and hire a personal trainer or sign up for group sessions.
If you decide to do it yourself, then the acquired training video will help. The main thing is to approach the issue of anti-osteochondrosis therapy of the chest in a comprehensive manner, and when exercising exercise therapy, it is important to comply with all recommendations. Then the training will go for the good.