Improving fitness for cervical osteochondrosis helps strengthen the muscles of the neck, which reduces the load on the spine, improves blood circulation in the muscles, increases the distance between the vertebrae, which in turn helps to relieve pain. However, there are a number of contraindications – such as diabetes, myopia, recent stroke, heart disease, diseases in acute forms, etc.
Pain in the neck and back, numbness of the muscles, decreased mobility are the main symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. What to do? Of course, you can buy special ointments, but wellness fitness with simple exercises will not be superfluous. In any case, you must first consult your doctor.
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Wellness fitness for the neck is a set of exercises aimed at working and relaxing muscles in this area. Before starting the exercises, you need to stand up straight and relax the muscles of the neck, as well as the shoulder girdle.
- Press yourself on the forehead with your hands, having previously locked them in the lock. Pull your head forward while resisting. You should feel your neck muscles tighten. Hold this position for a few seconds. Then stretch the muscles, putting your hand on the back of the neck and throwing your head back.
- This fitness exercise is similar to the first, only now you should push your hands not on the forehead, but on the back of the head. These two exercises should be performed together.
- With the palm of one hand, close your ear, press on the head, tilting it to the side and trying to put it on your shoulder. At the same time, try to return your head to its original position, showing resistance. Hold the voltage for a couple of seconds. Straighten and tilt to the other side. The exercise must be repeated several times.
- Turn your head. Press a palm on a cheek, resisting a head, and turn a head to the right. Hold in this position, then return to the starting position and turn left. Do a few repetitions.
- Rolling head. The exercise, familiar to everyone since childhood, will help to get rid of neck pain and improve overall health over time. Tilt your head and make circular movements around the neck, first clockwise and then counterclockwise. Avoid sudden movements. If dizziness or pain begins , stop the exercise. Instead, just turn your head. Do the exercise 10-15 times.
This simple set of exercises will help alleviate your condition, provided that it is performed regularly. Watch your well-being while doing the exercises. If after training the pain intensifies, cramps, headaches appear – consult a doctor.