Osteochondrosis of the neck is a disease that manifests itself in pain in the corresponding region of the spine and is characterized by pathological changes in the intervertebral discs. Most often, people who lead a sedentary lifestyle and spend a lot of time in one position encounter it. One of the treatment methods is to perform exercise therapy. Those who are at risk but still do not have such a diagnosis should follow preventative measures. Such classes require prior consultation with the doctor and his recommendations.
Exercises at home or at work
Those who are faced with this diagnosis should regularly take time to warm up the cervical vertebrae. Otherwise, this disease can develop into more serious health problems. There are exercises that can be performed during breaks at work or at home in front of the TV:
- Lie on your back, put a small pillow under your head and press on it with your head for 30 seconds. Then roll over and crush your forehead on the pillow for another 30 seconds.
- Lie on the bed so that the neck and head remain beyond its edge. First, head down, lying on his stomach, then on his back, and then repeat the same thing on the right and left sides.
- Sit on a chair, arms down. Feet slightly apart. To do slow, but deep tilts of the head, first forward, extending the neck as much as possible and reaching the chest with the chin. Then back, trying to touch the back of the head.
- In the same position, make circular movements with the shoulders, first forward, then back. Try to perform the exercise with a large amplitude.
- Without changing the position, tilt your head first to the left shoulder, and then to the right.
- Raise your hand, bend it at the elbow and reach with your fingers to the opposite ear, running your hand behind the back of the head. Then do the same with your second hand.
- Sit with a flat back, tilt your head back and reach with your ear to the corresponding shoulder, first on one side, and then on the other.
- Keeping your head straight, gently turn it first to the left, and then to the right.
- Put your palm on your forehead and push on it. In this case, the arm is motionless, resistance should be felt only in the muscles of the neck. Hold out like this for 20-30 seconds, and do the same with your palm on the back of your head. After which it is necessary to alternately press first on the right cheek, then on the left.
- Get up, tilt your head back and, straining the muscles of the neck, gently lower your head forward.
- Touch the chin of the chest and gently turn the head left and right.
All exercises should be performed in 5 repetitions in each direction. If their implementation is accompanied by pain, then support by hands is required.
Physical exercises of the medical complex
Exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis involves the following set of physical exercises:
- To stand or sit straight, straighten your head so that your eyes are fixed straight ahead. Work only with the eyes. Look from left to right, in the opposite direction, up and down, in different directions, rotate in a circle.
- Starting position – as in the previous exercise. Turn your head first several times left and right, then tilt your chin first to one shoulder, then to the other.
- Lie on your back, spread your arms to the sides parallel to the floor surface and rotate the body to the sides. When turning right, the left leg also goes to the right, and vice versa. When turning, exhale, when returning to the starting position, inhale.
- Lie down, arms at the seams, legs straight. Slowly and without sudden movements, sit down, helping yourself with your hands. Then take the starting position.
With this diagnosis, you need to perform not only physical exercises associated with a certain load, but also breathing:
- Get up or lie on your back, put your hands on your stomach. Inhale slowly, filling and inflating the stomach, and exhale even more slowly, drawing it in.
- Lie down, put one arm just below the neck, and the other under the chest. Inhale and tighten the muscles. Then exhale – relaxation. Do it slowly and smoothly.
Perform all physical exercises 4-5 times and complete the complex as follows: grasp the supports with both hands, standing between them (two tables, two chairs); legs to connect and climb toes. Rotate in a circle the lower part of the body, first in one direction, then in the other. The body should be relaxed.
Prevention is always better than cure. But, unfortunately, no one thinks about it until a doctor is diagnosed. Those who spend a lot of time in one position rarely move and ignore sports, you should follow these recommendations:
- Every hour to get up from the workplace, cross your palms at the back of your head, connect the shoulder blades and make body turns to the left – to the right. Turning, you need to stop for a split second, and then take the starting position. This should be done slowly and without sudden movements. The breath is calm and deep.
- While at the workplace, you need to stretch the spine up as often as possible and tilt left and right.
- At home, you can do exercises on the floor without a carpet. To do this, lie on your back and straighten your legs. Pull the right leg to the chest first, bending it at the knee, and then the left. In this case, you can grab your leg with your hands and hold it to you.
- Kneel and bend the upper part of the body to the floor. Bend your back as much as possible by lifting your neck and head, then round it up, pressing your forehead to the floor.
- After a working day or performing exercises, you just need to lie on a solid, level surface for 10 minutes, completely relaxed. You can pull your legs to your stomach and hug them.
Such prevention can prevent not only the disease itself, but also an exacerbation of an existing one. This should be done regularly, and not from time to time. Then it will be possible to avoid stoop and pain in the neck.
The presented complexes are preferably performed in the same order, since the load in them is increasing. The first exercises are warm-up and help to warm up and prepare the muscles for more serious loads.