Osteochondrosis is a chronic disease characterized by lesions of the intervertebral discs and cartilage. First of all, this disease is associated with erect man. Most of the day we spend upright. This creates a huge load on the spine, which, due to its shape and structure, cannot bear great severity, which negatively affects human health.
Causes of spinal deterioration
The exact cause of osteochondrosis has not yet been established. Doctors concluded that such deterioration health several factors at once cause, among them – injuries of varying severity, heredity, unhealthy diet, inactivity, disorders of the skeletal system (not only the vertebral division), excessive obesity and even various infectious diseases.
Until recently, it was believed that osteochondrosis is inherent in older people, whose vertebrae eventually disappear in a natural way. But today, this diagnosis is increasingly being passed on to young people. Passive lifestyle and poor physical fitness contribute to accelerating the development of this disease.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is one of the most frequent varieties of this pathology. The reason for this – the structural features of the body. Cervical vertebrae are subject to great activity, and at the same time have a weak muscular corset. This leads to painful erasure of intervertebral discs.
Through the cervical region passes a large number of vessels that feed the human brain. With the development of osteochondrosis, the vessels and capillaries are clamped, which is why blood flow to the vertebrae and to the brain decreases. This is fraught with serious deterioration in health.The consequences can be very different: uncoordinated movements, partial loss of vision, problems with hearing, teeth, speech apparatus, snore And so on.
Eliminate this chronic disease modern medicine, unfortunately, can not. But if you do not start the disease, you can not worry about complications, pain and muscle spasms. And proper prevention will reduce the risk of developing and developing osteochondrosis.
Exercise will be equally useful for those who have identified in osteochondrosis, and those whose health is in perfect order. It is impossible to eliminate this disease, but a balanced diet and regular fitness exercises are able to prevent it. Proper nutrition with beneficial microelements, combined with the strengthening of the muscular skeleton of the neck, will create all the conditions for the normal functioning of the cervical spine.
Since the exact causes of osteochondrosis have not been established, it is impossible to speak with certainty about who is at risk. Presumably, these are people with excess weight, defects of posture and other constitutional deviations. Anyway, prevention do no harm to anyone.
The complex of preventive measures includes an increase in physical activity, the prevention of injuries, the fight against infectious diseases and the mandatory implementation of regular physiotherapy.
First of all, you need to understand that fitness exercises can not be performed at the stage of exacerbation of the disease! Otherwise, the benefits of such prevention can turn into harm. For any manifestation of pain or discomfort, it is better to stop exercising. To reduce the likelihood of unpleasant sensations in the process of performing gymnastics, all movements should be as smooth and plastic as possible. Each lesson must necessarily begin with a warm-up. Otherwise, you risk damaging the muscles and exacerbating the situation.
The following exercises can be used as warm-up movements:
- Alternate circular movements of the shoulder joints.
- Information and breeding blades.
- Wave hands.
- Slow body twisting to the sides.
- Head tilted back and forth to the side.
It is important to understand that the result will be noticeable only with regular training. Single lessons practically have no effect and have little effect on your health.
Complex fitness exercises
After the warm-up is completed, you can proceed to the main stage. Below are the basic movements of therapeutic gymnastics. But the maximum effect can be achieved only by agreeing on a set of fitness exercises with a doctor or instructor.
Muscle stretching exercises:
- Starting position – standing, feet shoulder-width apart. While inhaling, we straighten the back and reduce the shoulder blades. On the exhale, relax the body, pushing the shoulders forward, without lifting them up. In each position, we stay for 2-3 seconds, do 5-7 repetitions.
- The original position does not change. On the inhale through the sides, raise your hands until they form a flat horizontal line. Hold this position for 2-3 seconds. If the state of health allows, we continue to bring our hands together to join the palms above the head. On the exhale, omit.Do 5-7 reps.
- The rotation of the head in a circle. We describe with the crown 5 circles clockwise and 5 counterclockwise.
From each described position we try to “push” the head muscles in the opposite direction with the neck muscles. You need to make 3 sets of 5 seconds each.
- Leave your left hand to the left, bend at the elbow. The palm is parallel to the head. Palm smoothly press on the head. Then we repeat the exercise with the right side.
- Hands under the chin crossed in the castle. We try to raise the head with our hands.
- Arms are crossed behind the head, palms pushing the head forward.
- Put the palm on the forehead, push the head back.
Exercises to strengthen the muscles of the neck:
- Lying on your stomach, raise your head. Hands in front of him, legs apart. Alternately lift the arm and the opposite leg. Make it necessary for 10 repetitions.
- Starting position – lying down, arms bent, elbows raised. With the help of hands, we detach the torso from the floor, alternately turn our heads in different directions. Make 5 repetitions.
- Lying on the stomach, tear off one shoulder, pull back the arm until it touches the floor. Do 5 repetitions for each hand.
Regularly performing the proposed set of exercises, you take care of maintaining your health and protect yourself from the progression of osteochondrosis.