Pain in the back suggests that it is time to take care of your health, especially since there is an effective and efficient way to not only get rid of pain, but also to strengthen muscles and improve posture. This is physical exercise. No pills, ointments and rubbing will help to achieve such results as therapeutic exercises.
Osteochondrosis is an age-related changes in the spine, leading to pain in the back, neck, limbs. Prevention of osteochondrosis will help maintain the efficiency, flexibility of the joints and mobility of the vertebrae.
Back pain and symptoms of osteochondrosis
How to understand that you have osteochondrosis? Pay attention to the characteristic symptoms of this disease, the main of which is pain. Since the spine consists of different parts, this disease can affect any of them. With its localization in the neck, vertebral artery syndrome often occurs. A person feels noise in the head, dizziness, sees flickering of dots or spots, feels a strong pulsating pain in the head area. In the case of a chest disease, pain may occur in the region of the heart. If the lumbosacral region is affected, then this part of the back, legs, and internal organs hurts. Painful sensations reduce the quality of life, performance and the ability to fully move. In the absence of prophylaxis, muscle atrophy gradually develops, spasms appear, impaired sensitivity and a decrease in reflexes. But all this can be avoided by performing simple exercises for 15-20 minutes a day, 4-5 times a week.
Prevention of osteochondrosis – physical activity
In animals, there is no osteochondrosis, as they have less strain on their backs. The person, as a creature erect, is experiencing increased pressure on the spine. Disks press against each other, are erased, nerves become bare, there is pain and inflammation. A sedentary lifestyle only aggravates the situation. Prevention of osteochondrosis is to prevent excessive strain on the back. In order for the spine to perform its functions, it is necessary to help it with this by strengthening the muscles with the help of exercises, walking in the fresh air, observing the regime of work and rest. You can not sit in a fixed position for a long time, when lifting weights you need to keep your back properly. When walking, it is important to maintain posture – this is how muscles work better, more oxygen is supplied to blood. With good physical activity, the symptoms of osteochondrosis appear to a lesser extent and already in adulthood, or do not appear at all.
Exercises for the prevention and treatment of osteochondrosis
If you know the symptoms of osteochondrosis or you want to do it prevention, pay attention to the following exercises. They are suitable for people of any age and preparation. The only limitation is the phase of exacerbation of the disease. If possible, consult your doctor for advice.
Starting position for all exercise – standing, feet shoulder-width apart, arms free. Before training, relax, take a deep breath. Almost all exercises are performed 4 times:
- Slowly lift your shoulders while inhaling, and lower as you exhale.
- At the same time, bend and unbend fingers and toes (10 times).
- Stretch one hand forward, then the other.
- Do the same, only aside.
- Stretch alternately with your hands up.
- Swing your arms straight back and forth 10 times.
- Raise your arms to the side. At the same time, bend both hands, but one touches the head and the other touches the waist.
- Put your hands on your shoulders. Perform circular movements of the elbows back and forth.
- Holding your hands in front of your chest, put your fingers into the lock. Bring and spread your elbows 6 times.
- Put your palms together, holding your hands in front of your chest. Push them against each other for 5 seconds, relax and repeat the exercise.
- Bend your fingers and hook them with hooks. Pull them in different directions for 5 seconds. After the rest, repeat again.
- Hands extended. Do them screwing movements in opposite directions (10 times), change direction.
- Grasp the elbows of the opposite hands with your hands. Swing them left and right (10 times).
- Keeping the same position, raise your arms and lower, without separating them (10 times).
- From the same position make circles with linked hands 10 times.
- Press the back of your hand for 5 seconds on the chin, neck, cheeks (right cheek – right hand and vice versa), temples, forehead. The head must maintain a fixed position, resisting the arm.
- Pull the neck up for 5 seconds, straining the back part of it, leave the shoulders immobile.
- Arms bent in front of the chest. Make them 10 jerks in different directions.
- Perform circular motions with straightened arms, maintaining a large amplitude.
- Repeat the first exercise again.
Exercises Valentin Dikul with osteochondrosis
Well-known therapist V. Dikul recommends performing special exercises in 3 sets of 8 times, and between them relax for 2-3 minutes. During tension – inhale to create maximum load. And during relaxation – exhale. Engage should be 3 times a week.
- Lying on your back, place your hands on the sides of your palms on the surface of the floor.
Keeping your head, shoulders and left leg still, turn your left thigh to the right. After a three-second delay, put it back. Do the same for the other leg.
- Lying on your back, keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
Hands criss-cross forearm. Holding the pelvis and legs motionless, pressing them to the floor, it is necessary to raise the left shoulder, turn the upper part of the body to the right. After 3 seconds, go back down. Repeat for the other side.
- Starting position – as in the first exercise.
Rest on the floor with shoulders and head, move your legs to the left due to muscular tension in them. After 3 seconds, return them back and repeat the movement to the right.
- Lying on the floor, cross your arms, as in the second exercise.
Keeping your legs and pelvis stationary, tilt to the left, sliding along the floor surface. Hold for a couple of seconds and lean in the opposite direction.
- Stand with your legs apart and shoulder-width apart.
Holding your back straight, bend over, bending your knees. After 3 seconds, go up.