Exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical – An important part of therapeutic rehabilitation. Physical therapy is not assigned during exacerbation, but complements the rehabilitation after the removal of acute symptoms. It is even better if it becomes not just a one-time course of exercises, but will be performed by the patient constantly. This helps to strengthen the muscular system and improve blood circulation. Besides, exercises allow you to restore the full mobility of the cervical vertebrae.
How to perform a set of exercises exercise therapy for osteochondrosis
Therapeutic physical training in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine appointed by the doctor and he chooses the appropriate exercise complex taking into account the remaining concomitant diseases of the patient. The load should be increased smoothly, without discomfort and a strong change in pulse. It is necessary to understand that you are not achieving sports records, but with the help of physical therapy classes, you should slowly and systematically improve your health.
Complex exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical can be done both at home and during working hours, allocating for this small breaks. If the goal of physical therapy is treatment diseases in the stage when the exacerbation is already removed, the complex of exercises should be a bit more extensive than in the prevention of osteochondrosis.
What exercises should be included in the complex?
- Sitting on a chair, perform smooth movements of the shoulders in a circle – first forward, then back 4-5 times to each side.
- In the same position, make slow head turns 5-6 times in each direction.
- In the same position, tilt your head forward and then turn alternately to the left and right shoulder – on each side 5-6 times.
- Lying on your back with your arms along your torso, lift your head and try to reach your chin up to your chest, then unbend your head and lift your chin up 4-5 times.
- Lying on the stomach, lift the upper part of the body, with the legs should be straight and arms should be placed along the body. Exercise needs to be done 5-6 times.
- Sitting on a chair with a straight back and head thrown back, try to reach with your left ear to the left shoulder – 5-6 times. On the right side (right ear to the right shoulder) the exercise is also performed 5-6 times.
- In the sitting position, put a palm on the forehead, and with an effort to press on her forehead for 5-6 seconds, straining the neck muscles. Palm need to resist pressure. The number of repetitions – 3-5 times.
- In the standing position to imitate with hands the movements characteristic for swimming a crawl – the rotation of straight arms in a circle, first forward, then backward – 6 times in each direction.