A sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise often lead to various ailments and diseases, manifested in symptoms that seem insignificant at first glance. So, few people pay attention to occasionally occurring bouts of dizziness, sudden pressure surges or pain in the neck. But quite often, with the help of these symptoms, the body signals a person about the onset of a serious disease – cervical osteochondrosis, in which negative changes begin to develop in the spine, including malnutrition of cells and metabolism, and thinning of the vertebrae. To prevent the development of the disease, it is necessary to regularly carry out light warm-ups for the cervical spine, straightening it and restoring blood circulation.
Gymnastics rules for neck pain
In the modern world, osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is more and more common in young people, although it used to be considered the lot of elderly people.
Reasons for his appearance:
- neck damage;
- flat feet;
- regular hypothermia;
- bad posture;
- sedentary work or monotonous activity in one position.
The organism is characterized by a rational distribution of forces and energy, and if the physical load on any department decreases, then the blood circulation and all metabolic processes in this zone become slower. The inflow of nutrients becomes less, the cells of the joints, muscles and ligaments become more fragile, and the usual load – overwhelming. To remedy this situation, it is necessary to gradually increase the load on this department, speeding up the exchange processes. With regular physical performance exercise Many people manage to increase the tone of the neck muscles, strengthen them and increase blood supply in this area.
When conducting training aimed at reducing neck pain, dizziness and pressure drops, you must follow a number of rules:
- It is necessary to perform the exercises at the time when the illness subsides or after the pain in the neck has been removed. Pain should not occur in the process of training: in case of its occurrence, it is necessary to reduce the load on the muscles or completely stop the exercise. If osteochondrosis is the result of an injury, then an exercise instructor should select the training program.
- An important condition for the effectiveness of classes is the need to monitor their posture. Improper body position will result in wear and tear on the vertebrae due to asymmetric loads. The best option would be the implementation of the complex in front of a mirror, which will track the smallest nuances in changing the position of the body. If any exercise provokes a violation of posture, then the load must be reduced.
- With such a diagnosis, all movements should be carried out very smoothly and carefully, without sharp jerks.
- The complex of exercises takes on average 20 minutes, and if a person copes faster, then it is necessary to reconsider the pace of movements: most likely, it is too high.
- Training should be conducted regularly, if possible, carrying out the program as a whole. If there is not enough time for a full-fledged lesson, you can break the complex into several stages and perform them during the day.
Even in the absence of this disease with a sedentary lifestyle requires its prevention.
Exercises from the presented complex are recommended to be carried out in the middle of the day or in the evening in order to relieve tension in the cervical region.
Complex exercises for osteochondrosis of the neck
The proposed complex can be used both in the acute stage of osteochondrosis (but only if there is no pain in the neck), and for preventive measures. The program consists of three blocks that run for 20 minutes.
At the first stage, each element is repeated 10 times:
- Stand straight, arms down along the body, shoulders straightened. Smoothly turn the head from side to side, stopping when the chin line reaches the shoulder.
- Lean your head forward, trying to touch your chest with your chin. The jaw should remain motionless, the muscles of the neck should not be subjected to strong tension.
- Shift the head back, pressing the chin to the neck. In the process of doing the exercise, it is important not to lift your head.
The second block of elements is also repeated 10 times:
- The palms are folded into the lock, the inner side is placed on the forehead, and the elbows are set apart. With force they press their foreheads on the palms, straining the muscles of the neck. Hands must be held still.
- Apply the palms to the temples: press their heads first on one, then on the other hand, trying to overcome their resistance. The body must remain motionless.
- Raise the shoulders to the extreme up, not moving them forward or backward. Hold the position for 15-20 seconds, then relax.
The third block of fitness exercises is repeated 7 times:
- They put their hands on their foreheads, their elbows spread to the sides. Slowly lower the head, overcoming the resistance of the upper extremities, then smoothly return to the starting point of the element.
- Hands interlock at the top of the head, chin down. Raise the head to a straight position, resisting the pressure exerted by the upper limbs.
- Have the left palm on the right temple. Resisting pressure, they bow their heads to the right shoulder, then change their arm.
The program must be performed at least three times a week, but if possible, then daily.
Prevention of osteochondrosis
The main disadvantage of sedentary work is the fact that with the general stiffness of the body a large burden falls on the muscles of the neck. A person has a feeling of extreme fatigue, and he feels the need to move to a horizontal position. In reality, it is enough just to redistribute the load, shifting it to the shoulders and back, as well as stretching the legs.
For the prevention of various diseases during sedentary work, it is recommended to perform the following warm-up:
- Stand up straight, shake hands, then feet, sip back muscles, straightening his arms above his head.
- Perform several turns of the head from side to side, then make a series of tilts.
- Knead the lower back in several turns and tilts of the body.
- Fingertips intensively massage the neck and neck area.
- Move the palms to the shoulder blades and rub this area.
- Easily massage temples, ears and neck.
Timely held prophylaxis osteochondrosis will also help reduce tension in the neck, accelerate blood circulation, and improve the performance of the brain.