Balanced and thoughtful diets can significantly improve the effectiveness of drug treatment in the development of osteochondrosis. The peculiarity of the diet with spinal lesions is that the body should receive all the necessary substances and trace elements to repair damaged tissues. In this case, the basis of the diet should be low-calorie, rich in vitamins, food.
There is an opinion that chondroprotectors (mucopolysaccharides) are necessary for the organism in osteochondrosis, and it is these substances that are necessary for normal restoration of intervertebral cartilage tissue. Scientific research on the effectiveness of taking these drugs in osteochondrosis has not yet been proven. This question is currently under study.
To obtain chondroprotectors, you should diversify your daily diet with such popular dishes as jelly or aspic from fish. These dishes are very rich in collagen proteins of animal origin, which are quickly and easily absorbed by the body and can be useful for connective and cartilage tissues of the spine, ligaments and joints. Aspic is recommended for regular use by people suffering from chronic osteochondrosis as a natural supplement to traditional treatment.
Recommendations for compliance with a wellness diet with osteochondrosis
Of great importance for the treatment of lesions of intervertebral cartilage is maintaining a stable water-salt balance. It is recommended to use the required amount of liquid (water). Moreover, the required amount of water may vary depending on the age of the patient, the severity of the disease and his lifestyle. The lack of fluid can worsen the patient’s condition and provoke serious deformation processes in the cartilage tissue. This is due to the fact that cartilaginous intervertebral discs are not able to accumulate moisture and constantly need its intake from the body.Different types of diets can be used to supplement the medical treatment of osteochondrosis.
Diets may contain a different set of foods, but they have a similar pattern. All of them are based on the principle of fractional nutrition: food is taken 5-6 times a day, in small portions. This allows not only to strengthen the intervertebral tissues, but also significantly reduce the load on the spine, reducing body weight. As a rule, osteochondrosis develops in people suffering from overweight.
Approximate diet for the treatment of osteochondrosis
- Rice diet.
For this diet you will need rice, water and 6 cans with a capacity of 0.5 liters. Banks are recommended to be numbered – it will not allow you to get confused in their order.
- In each jar pour 2 tbsp. l rice.
- Pour cold water over the rice (100 ml). Cover all jars with lids or cloth.
- The next day, drain the water from the can №1. Pour the rice into a saucepan, add 0.5 liters of water and cook for 5 minutes. Eat for breakfast. Refrain from eating and drinking for 4 hours.
- Pour rice into the jar, pour water and put it in the back of the line. In the other banks to change the water to fresh.
- Eat according to this scheme for 42 days.
The proposed diet is designed to eat in the morning. Within 42 days the body will be cleansed of excess salt and help get rid of excess weight. For lunch and dinner, you can eat familiar foods, but do not abuse food.
- Diet without salt.
This technique is based on a sharp reduction in salt intake. Salt contributes significantly to dehydration of tissues, including cartilage intervertebral discs. As mentioned above, cartilage tissues are not able to accumulate and retain the necessary moisture.
- Exclude the use of all salty foods. Refuse canned food, sausages, dried and smoked food. It is also recommended to refuse dishes prepared using a large number of spices and spices.
- To reduce the use of alcoholic beverages, strong tea and coffee, carbonated drinks with high sugar content.
- It should be borne in mind that many products contain a certain amount of salt: bread, pasta, cheese, etc. Remember that the daily amount of salt should be less than 5 g.
- Include a large amount of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet. Eat them raw, boiled and baked.
- It is recommended to replace ordinary bread with products prepared from whole-wheat flour without salt and with the addition of bran.
Recommended food for osteochondrosis
For effective treatment of osteochondrosis, food must contain a large amount of useful proteins. The diet should consist of foods that provide the body with all the necessary elements.
- Lean meat, poultry and fish.
- Milk and low-fat fermented milk products.
- Chicken or quail eggs. It is recommended to use no more than 2 pieces per day.
- Vegetables and fruits in raw, boiled and baked, greens.
- Bean groats (beans, peas, lentils).
- Nuts (walnut, forest, peanuts).
- Animal fats are recommended to replace vegetable oils (olive, sunflower). In osteochondrosis, the body needs polyunsaturated fats to restore the cartilage tissue of the spine.
It is necessary to provide the body with vitamins of groups A, B, C, D, minerals and trace elements (phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and manganese). If you get the necessary amount of useful elements from everyday products power supply difficult, you can take special vitamin preparations.
- Vitamin A – eggs, fish, poultry, carrots, melons.
- Vitamin B – meat, seafood, mushrooms, milk and dairy products.
- Vitamin C – fresh fruit (especially citrus). During the heat treatment of fruits, the vitamin content is significantly reduced.
- Vitamin D – fish, eggs, oil. To develop the body of this element is recommended to spend more time in the sun.
The list of products for the diet in case of osteochondrosis is quite large. If it is necessary to supplement the medical treatment of the disease diet, you can choose a diet based on the needs of the body and personal preferences.
The effectiveness of a healthy diet with osteochondrosis will increase significantly when combined with a complex of medical gymnastics.