Osteochondrosis is considered the most common vertebral disease. For a successful fight against pathology, it is necessary to apply a set of measures, among which the therapeutic effect of a specialized device – Darsonval – has an important therapeutic efficacy .
What is Darsonval ?
This device was created for the purpose of therapeutic effects on the affected tissues by impulse currents. The darsonvalization procedure is based on a therapeutic electrical effect through a gas-filled or vacuum nozzle-electrode.
Darsonvalization is actively used today to treat many diseases of gynecological, urological, neuropathological and surgical origin. It has also shown its high efficiency in the complex treatment of osteochondrosis of varying severity.
In this case, the positive effect is explained by the healing qualities of high-frequency impulse waves, which have high voltage, but low strength.
Benefits of application
As a result of the course use of the device, patients and doctors note the following changes:
- The nutrition of tissues is significantly improved, their oxygen supply is increased;
- Blood circulation accelerates;
- Nerve impulse transmission is regulated ;
- Various biochemical processes are activated;
- Pain relief occurs due to a decrease in the pain threshold of receptor sensitivity;
- The nervous system activity improves , which has a beneficial effect on performance and night sleep;
- The body’s immune defense increases;
- Headache recedes, fatigue passes, the tone of blood vessels is restored.
The result of a darsonvalization session is positive changes, such as increased oxygen supply and acceleration of material metabolism, a calming and analgesic effect.
The use of the Darsonval apparatus is shown:
- For the treatment of osteochondrosis, neuritis, neurasthenia and other conditions of neuropathological origin;
- With pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract such as gastrointestinal dyskinesia, inflammatory lesions of the gastric mucosa, etc.;
- Against articular pathologies of inflammatory origin such as arthritis, polyarthritis, spondyloarthrosis;
- With all sorts of dermatological diseases (dermatitis, acne, eczema, pathology of the hairline, lichen, etc.);
- In otolaryngological practice, Darsonval successfully copes with rhinitis, sinusitis, otitis media, laryngitis, sore throat, tonsillitis and pharyngitis;
- For the treatment of pathological abnormalities in the hematopoiesis and blood supply system such as thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, trophic ulcers;
- With various lesions of articular, muscle or tendon tissues (myositis, myalgia);
- For the treatment of respiratory pathologies like bronchitis, bronchial asthma, tracheitis, etc.;
- In order to restore immune defense, etc.
It is difficult to list all the pathologies amenable to Darsonval’s treatment , since the list is very long.
The acting factors of darsonvalization in osteochondrosis
In anti-osteochondrosis treatment, the therapeutic efficacy of using the device is provided by several factors:
- High frequency current;
- High voltage corona discharge;
- Under the influence of the apparatus, heat energy is released in the tissue;
- Corona discharge generates UV radiation;
- Nitrous oxides and ozone are involved in the Darsonval effect ;
- Under the influence of the apparatus, barely noticeable mechanical vibrations are generated in the tissues.
As a result of the complex of all these factors, an analgesic, sedative, bactericidal, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic effect of the device is achieved.
Darsonvalization therapy can be local or general. The procedure is carried out by several methods:
- Contact method – when the electrode is in constant contact with the skin surface and causes a quiet discharge;
- Remote technique – in this case, the electrode is located at a distance of half a centimeter from the skin surface, due to which the formation of corona spark discharges occurs.
Darsonvalization also differs in terms of impact, which is either labile or stable.
A labile effect involves making smooth movements near the diseased area with alternating expansion-narrowing of the treated area. Stable exposure involves the location of the electrode tip directly over the problem area and its further immobility throughout the session.
In a local session, a high-voltage current is applied through a special vacuum or gas-filled glass electrode directly to the body.
Due to the low voltage, the air is ionized and a weak electric discharge occurs . This method is usually used for contact darsonvalization.
The role of an active motivator in a local procedure is performed by a pulsed current, which is passed through the patient’s body and arises between its surface and the electrode.
The result of darsonvalization sessions is a change in all processes in the tissues: the course of metabolic processes and nerve-impulse transmission is accelerated , blood circulation in the vertebrae and intervertebral discs affected by osteochondrosis is restored, and trophism of tissues is noticeably improved.
- Disc intervertebral distortion is significantly inhibited, which reduces the risk of hernia formation;
- Due to the enhancement of metabolic processes, cartilage tissues begin to recover quickly;
- Due to vascular expansion, headache attacks, which are a characteristic sign of cervical osteochondrosis, are stopped.
A session of a general nature is carried out in a special improved apparatus – a Darsonval cage . The patient is placed inside it in a supine or seated position.
The procedure has a beneficial effect on the patient’s condition and eliminates osteochondrosis symptoms:
- Blood circulation improves;
- Vascular tone is normalized, spasms are eliminated;
- Headaches go away;
- The nervous system activity improves ;
- Immunity is strengthened.
The course of therapy
Traditional anti- osteochondrosis darsonvalization involves a course effect consisting of 12-15 sessions, which must be carried out at the same time every day or every two days.
The first procedure is carried out for 5 minutes, setting the device to medium power. Each time, the session time increases until it reaches a 15-minute duration.
In the practice of anti -osteochondrosis therapy, darsonvalization is carried out by remote or contact method. The procedure usually uses a mushroom or T-shaped electrode that is slowly moved along the spine. The direction of travel depends on the pressure. If blood pressure is low, then the movement begins from the sacrum to the neck, and with increased blood pressure – from the neck down to the lower back.
The darsonvalization procedure can be harmful if carried out to everyone, without relying on contraindications:
- Heart attack, arrhythmias, hypertension in the final stage, myocardial insufficiency, installed pacemaker;
- Intolerance to the procedure;
- Atherosclerotic deposits;
- Fever-associated infections;
- Oncological pathologies, tumors in the area of the intended impact;
- Pathology of the hematopoietic system, a tendency to bleeding, thrombophlebitis;
Appliances for home use
There is Darsonval not only for professional but also for home use. Devices for home healing procedures must be completed with several attachments. For anti-osteochondrosis treatment, you will need an electrode in the shape of a mushroom and the letter “T”.
Before starting a home darsonvalization session, it is recommended to carefully study the instructions that should come with Darsonval . In addition, use of a defective or ungrounded appliance should be avoided.
How to apply
Darsonval treatment at home should be carried out in courses consisting of at least 15 sessions of 15 minutes. The effect becomes noticeable usually by 3-7 procedures, and most often it is the opposite.
It is by this time that the reserves of the body are activated. If you stop therapy at this stage, then darsonvalization will not be effective. By about the 10th session, a stable therapeutic effect will appear.
The device should be purchased in narrow-profile specialized stores.
What is the best device for treating the musculoskeletal system?
For the treatment of musculoskeletal pathologies, it is recommended to acquire Darsonval with the highest possible frequency. And ideally, treatment is best done with professional devices used in clinics.