With age, many people begin to suffer from recurrent or chronic back pain. Overweight, back injuries and the lack of regular physical activity provoke the development of osteochondrosis. This disease is associated with a decrease in intervertebral tissues and is accompanied by painful sensations in the back, waist and neck. But different physical exercise will help strengthen the muscles, reduce the load on the spine and relieve pain that interferes with normal life.
Therapeutic physical training is an important component of the complex treatment of osteochondrosis, and is used together with drug therapy. For each zone of the patient’s spine, a special set of exercises has been developed, which is aimed at strengthening the dorsal and cervical muscles, improving blood circulation and metabolism in the tissues.
Physical therapy for the lower back
Exercises performed on the abdomen:
- Lie on the floor, palms rest against its surface. Blades back, linger in this position for a couple of breaths. Do 10 times.
- Take an emphasis lying, pelvis pressed to the floor. Straighten your arms and lift the body without lifting the pelvis. Strongly bend your back, then lower the body and relax. Run 12 repetitions.
- Lie on your stomach, stretch yourself as much as possible, strain your back muscles and legs, fix the position for 6-7 seconds. Then relax the muscles. Make 10-12 reps.
- Lying on your stomach, bend your back back, lift your head and lower limbs from the floor. Keep the position for 7-8 seconds, then relax and lower the legs and head to the floor. Run fitness exercise at least 10 times.
- To take an emphasis lying down, without bending a back and knees, to make push-up from a floor. After going down and relax your muscles. Run 10-15 pushups.
The complex of exercises with an emphasis on the hands and knees:
- Stand on all fours, then take the body back, put the buttocks on the heels, pull the body to the hips. Fix the position of the body for 8 seconds. Do 10-12 times.
- Take a starting position, extend the right hand forward, hold the pose for 4-6 seconds. Then lower it and raise your left hand. Do at least 8 times for each hand.
- Hands and knees propped on the floor. Straighten the leg and pull it back, hold on for 5-7 seconds. Perform the exercise 10 times for each lower limb.
- From the starting position, raise the right hand, take it to the side. Make a couple of circular movements back and forth, change the limb. Make 6 times each limb.
- Stand on all fours, tilt the basin in one, then in the other direction. Knees should not lift off the floor surface. Run 10 tilts.
The complex of physical therapy, performed supine:
- Lie down on the mat, arms behind the head. Raise the head and feet above the floor, hold the body for 7-10 seconds. Sit on the floor and relax your muscles. Do 10 times.
- Lower limbs bend at the knees, feet to rest against the floor. Keep your knees together and tilt to the side; do not lift off your feet from the floor. Fix the position for a couple of breaths. Then perform the movement in the other direction. Make 8 tilts in both directions.
- Lie on your back, relax your muscles. Raise the lower limb, bend it at the knee joint. Tighten the knee to the opposite shoulder. Then run the item with the other foot. Do 12 times for each limb.
- The exercise is the same, but the knee is pressed to the chest with his hands. The position is fixed for 3-5 seconds. Do 5-6 times for each limb.
- Lie on your back, pull your feet up to your buttocks. Raise the pelvis and move it in one direction, then in another. Run 15 repetitions.
Complex of wellness exercises for the back
These complexes of recreational exercises are intended for the general strengthening of the spine and muscles of the back, neck and lower back. To practice you will need a steady chair with a back.
Therapeutic exercise, sitting on a chair:
- Sit on a chair, legs slightly apart for stability. Hands apart on the sides, the body slightly forward and bend the waist. Make 10-12 rotational movements of the body back and forth. Run 12 times.
- Legs spread apart to the width of the shoulder section, hands put on the waist. Smoothly make your head tilts forward, backward and sideways. Do 10 repetitions.
- The position is the same, only the palms are on the knees. Slowly tilt the body forward, the back should remain flat. Fix the position at the lowest point for 2-3 seconds, then sit straight. Do 8-12 times.
- Sit on a chair, put your legs together, palms in the seat. Relying on the arms, raise the body above the chair, relax the back muscles and lower back. Stay in this position for 3-4 seconds and gently sink to a chair. Perform 10-12 ascents.
The complex of therapeutic exercises for standing:
- Stand near the chair, put your hands on his back. Leaning on a chair, sit down slowly, relax as much as possible and stretch the spine. Staying in this position for 3-5 seconds, then get up. Make 10-15 squats.
- Starting position is the same. Leaning on a chair, rotate the pelvis clockwise and back. Perform 12-15 rotations in both directions.
- Stand up straight, raise your arms, lean your body forward, linger in this position for 3 seconds and return to the starting position. Make 7-8 tilts.
- Bring your knees together, arms crossed, palms put on shoulders. Tilt the body to the side, straighten up. Make 10 bends in each direction.
Fitness exercises for neck pain
In osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, exercise therapy exercises can be performed in any comfortable and non-painful position.
- Sit on a chair, palm back forehead. Bend your head down, overcoming the resistance of the hand. Keep the position for 5-6 seconds, then relax the muscles of the neck and arms. Do 5 times.
- The position is the same. Hand put on the back of his head and prop it. Throw back the head, strain the neck muscles. Linger on a couple of breaths, relax the muscles of the neck. Do 10 times.
- Rest your palms and knees against the floor. To relax the muscles of the shoulders and neck, lower the head down. Give the spine to stretch out and stand like this, completely relaxed, for at least a minute. To make exercise 4-5 times.
- Lie on the stomach on the mat. Raise your head and shoulders and pull them up. Do 5 repetitions.
- Roll back. Put one hand on the chest, the other – on the stomach. Take a deep breath and strain the press as much as possible. Run 5 times.