A sedentary and sedentary lifestyle inevitably adversely affects human health: there are painful and uncomfortable sensations in the back, headaches often trouble, weight increases. It is not always possible to change the existing state of affairs and eliminate the cause of back pain by changing lifestyles, for example, changing jobs, but it is possible to minimize unpleasant consequences and improve health by regularly performing special physical exercises. They will help increase overall locomotor activity and alleviate pain in osteochondrosis.
Causes of pain in osteochondrosis
Back and neck pain is often the first sign of osteochondrosis. It occurs when external negative factors affect the spine, such as, for example, a long stay of the head in the slope. Under the influence of these factors, degenerative changes occur in the cartilage of the joints and intervertebral discs, as a result of which the functions of the cartilage are not fully implemented. Even young people can suffer from this disease, since its main cause is the long-term presence of the spine (most often its cervical region) in the wrong position. This means that office workers are extremely at risk for osteochondrosis, and the reason the pains in the back after a hard day lies precisely in the development of this disease.
The vertebrae of the cervical region to a greater extent than the vertebrae of other parts of the spinal column, are influenced by external factors. Moreover, the compression of a large number of vessels and nerve endings located in the neck, caused by a long stay of the head, neck and back in the wrong position, provokes puffiness and inflammation in the neck. This factor is the main cause of pain. If the degenerative processes caused by impaired blood circulation in the cervical-collar zone have already begun, in order to get rid of pain and normalize the blood circulation in the cervical region, it is not enough just to maintain posture. In this case, it is important to additionally perform special fitness exercises. for neck and back.
Osteochondrosis, depending on the intensity and nature of the lesion of the joints, as well as the place of occurrence, is of several types. The causes of pain, the characteristics of pain, as well as their occurrence in one or another part of the body depend on the type of osteochondrosis:
- radiculitis of the cervical spine.
With this type of disease occurs backache and neck and gives to the shoulder blade and upper limbs. Often there are symptoms such as numbness and partial loss of sensitivity of the limbs;
- irrational reflex syndrome.
In which the acute pain is concentrated in the back of the head and neck and extends to the shoulder, forearm and chest;
- cardiac syndrome.
Characterized by a concentration of pain in the back and neck, sometimes extending to the region of the heart, which usually increases with a change in body position and sneezing;
- vertebral artery syndrome.
This type of osteochondrosis is characterized by continuous headaches, impaired vision and hearing, as well as difficulties in coordination of movements. This syndrome is one of the most dangerous types of osteochondrosis and is not amenable to therapy by performing special exercises.
Osteochondrosis Therapy for Reducing Back and Neck Pain
To alleviate the condition of attacks of osteochondrosis, it is not enough to eliminate the symptoms with the help of analgesic medications; need to get rid of the cause of pain. And it must be done, because osteochondrosis will develop and cause irreparable harm to health. If a person is in a risk group and the above-described symptoms of osteochondrosis often began to bother him, then it is necessary to immediately consult a doctor for advice.
Pain in the back and neck, depending on the stage of development of the disease can be eliminated in different ways. In the initial stages, this may be a special gymnastics, and in advanced cases – a combination of drug anti-inflammatory therapy and regular special exercises to improve blood circulation in the spine, strengthen the muscular system of the spinal column and prevent disorders of the joints.
A complex of effective exercises for osteochondrosis of the neck
Using a set of special exercises for treating osteochondrosis, preventing pain and alleviating the condition when they occur, it is important to understand that without lifestyle changes, it is impossible to completely get rid of this disease with the help of gymnastics. If the work requires a person to sit in a sitting position for a long time, then to prevent and eliminate pain in the back and neck, it is necessary to perform training elements regularly and systematically.
To strengthen and relax the muscles of the neck and back in osteochondrosis, you need to perform daily special exercises, consisting of the following exercises:
- Stand straight or sit up, keeping your back straight, pull the upper limbs along the body and relax. Then you need to turn your head slowly 10 times in each direction, trying to bring it as far back as possible, and look behind you. If, when turning, the pain increases, then you need to perform several unsharp pulsating movements in the direction of head movement.
- Keeping the initial position, as in the previous exercise, you should tilt your head down, trying to touch your neck with your chin, and fix this position of your head for 10 seconds. Repeat tilts 5 times.
- Pull the chin forward and tilt the head back, stretching the neck muscles. Similar back bends should be repeated 10 times.
- Put a hand to the forehead and tilt the head forward, overcoming the resistance of the hand for 10 seconds. Then you need to relax and repeat this exercise 9 times, strengthening the muscles of the front surface of the neck and helping to keep your head in the correct straight position.
- Standing straight, raise the shoulders as high as possible, trying to touch their ears. After 10 seconds you need to inhale and lower the shoulders, relaxing the muscles of the neck, back and upper limbs. This exercise must be repeated up to 10 times.
- Lie on your back and maximize your head; hold it like this for 10 seconds. Then lower your head, relax for 5 seconds and repeat the item 9 more times.