Damage to the joints or cartilage of the spine in the neck area can make life much more difficult. When osteochondrosis of the cervical spine occurs, many exercises become inaccessible, since strong physical exertion can lead to complications. However, do not prematurely panic, because osteochondrosis is not a sentence, and there are a number of exercises available at home that will allow you to easily remove the symptoms, or even cope with the disease.
Selection of physical exercises
In case of cervical osteochondrosis, muscles need to be strengthened, which will make it possible to partially relieve the spine and improve blood circulation. With the help of a complex composed by professionals exercise, the regular implementation of which has a beneficial effect on the neck muscles, can significantly alleviate the symptoms of the disease.
The first stage of preparation for the exercise at home, if you have any health problems, should be a visit to the doctor. He will conduct a survey, after which he will be able to suggest which physical activities are contraindicated to you, and which ones can alleviate the course of the disease or even help to cope with it.
With the appeal to the medical institution you should not pull, because at an early stage it is much easier to get rid of the disease. And you should not choose physical exercise without going to a specialist because in the case of osteochondrosis, self-treatment with the help of fitness can not only not bring relief, but also vice versa, aggravate the situation.
At the same time, the attending physician can offer you a complete set of physical exercises, shown for problems with the neck, and show how to properly perform them in order to achieve the best result. It is worth noting that, with seeming simplicity, all elements of the proposed exercise therapy contribute to improving well-being.
Exercises at home: the rules and objectives of training
Properly and regularly performed exercises at home contribute to a significant improvement in well-being. First of all, this is due to the increased blood flow and accelerated metabolism. And spinal muscles constantly staying in a tone will not allow osteochondrosis to develop further. As a result, the pain will disappear and, if you do not stop, then forever.
To speed up a positive result, pay attention to the following recommendations:
- Only regular exercise will help get rid of health problems. And sedentary work is a reason to pay twice as much attention to them.
- It is recommended to knead the muscles of the back and neck 8-10 times during the day. This can be a self-massage or just walking.
- Control your posture, do not slouch, try to keep your back level throughout the day and keep your head on the same line with it. This will allow you to evenly distribute the load on the whole body, maintain good health and, quite likely, avoid the need to regularly perform therapeutic exercises.
- Try to avoid sleep on your stomach – this will prevent swelling of the muscles of the cervical region and significantly improve your morning well-being.
- Water helps to maintain muscle tone throughout the body, so do not neglect the norms of its daily intake. Dehydration will only aggravate the situation with this disease.
Doing exercises at home, do them smoothly, without sudden jerks and changes in the amplitude of movements. Hold classes in the room where nothing will hamper your movement. Workout clothes should also provide complete freedom during exercise. Try to diversify the usual exercises, but do not overload the muscles.
And the most important thing: if during the exercise of gymnastics or your gymnastics your state of health has deteriorated, then immediately stop exercising and consult a doctor as soon as possible. Any recommendations of the expert should be carried out implicitly and in full.
The best fitness exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
If your blood pressure is high, your spine is injured, or you have been diagnosed with cancer, then it is better not to risk your health and do not perform the exercises listed below.
Starting position: legs shoulder-width apart, hands on waist, back straight, shoulders turned.
- Turn the head without tilting it, first in one direction and then in the other direction.
- Tilt your head to the right, trying to touch your ear to the shoulder, then return to the starting position and repeat the tilt in the other direction.
- Tilt your head forward. Having touched the breast with the chin, slightly rotate it first one way, then the other and return to the starting position.
- Make alternate tilts body to the right, forward and left.
- Put the hands on the shoulders and make rotational movements with the hands first forward and then in the opposite direction.
Each of fitness exercise must be repeated at least ten times. It is advisable to carry out the first exercise in the morning after waking up, and then it is recommended to repeat it several times throughout the day.
There are also several easy ways to restore blood circulation in the neck without interrupting the work process. You need to repeat these exercises two times with each hand.
- Keeping your back even, rest your palm on the forehead and, straining your neck muscles, press down on her.
- Put your hand on the back of the head and press on her head, trying to put the neck muscles into operation.
- Slide your hand around your neck and, slightly raising the chin, gently push down on the muscles with your fingers. Then loosen the pressure, turn your head slightly to the side and press down again.
Regularly performing the proposed exercise exercises complex, in a few weeks you will achieve the following results:
- will disappear annoying headache;
- increase brain activity;
- pressure will return to normal;
- the feeling of stiffness in the cervical spine will disappear.
And this is all due to increased muscle tone and improved blood circulation as a result of systematic tension and stretching of the muscles of the neck. The main thing – do not stop paying attention to charging after the disappearance of symptoms of the disease.