Gymnastics with cervicothoracic osteochondrosis is useful for many reasons:
- due to the strengthening of the muscular system, the spine is supported;
- blood flow in the vessels improves, and this helps to improve metabolic processes in the spinal tissues;
- after stretching the spine, the pinched nerve endings are removed.
General rules for doing exercises
Gymnastics with osteochondrosis of the cervico-thoracic spine is performed subject to the following rules:
- the complex of occupations is developed and recommended by a specialist of physical therapy taking into account the accompanying diseases of the patient. The advice of doctors on the right choice of the necessary exercises is the basis for the successful treatment of osteochondrosis;
- to achieve the therapeutic effect of the exercise, it is necessary to perform correctly, so the first classes are best done with an instructor;
- treatment of the disease is successful in the case when the patient is doing gymnastics regularly;
- Exercises should not cause acute pain and deterioration, and if this happened, you need to consult a physician LFK for advice;
- active movements in the period of exacerbation are excluded, gymnastics is carried out sparingly.
What exercises are included in the complex gymnastics
Gymnastics with osteochondrosis of the cervico-thoracic spine in the period of exacerbation is carried out in a sparing form, and with subsided symptoms – in the medical-training mode.
The most benign complex in the midst of exacerbation includes the following exercises:
- in a position on the back of the head put on a special orthopedic pillow with a tilt, stretch your arms along your body with your palms up, squeeze and unclench your hands;
- in the same position move your feet.
When relieving acute pain, you can add chin presses to the chest from the same prone position, as well as alternate crossing of hands and pulling in the abdomen with breath holding, and then its slow relaxation.
In the treatment and training regime, gymnastics is aimed at strengthening the muscular system and the elimination of motor limitations. Actual exercises of this mode:
- pulling the chin forward with a fixed shoulder girdle from a sitting or standing position;
- smooth turns of the head to the left and to the right in two positions (sitting and standing);
- alternate lifting of the shoulders;
- tilting the head to the shoulders, back and forth with counter-arm to increase the load;
- tilting the head back and bending forward;
- in the prone position – lifting the upper part of the body with arms folded behind the head;
- while lying on its side – lifting the head and fixing it on weight for 5-7 seconds.